What does Social Media mean?
Social Media for your Business
Well it refers to the means of interactions among people in which they create, share, and exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks. We have been communicating since the age of man though in many various ways. One of the first introductions to a modern day communication device was the mobile phone, which allowed us to speak to anyone anywhere without being stationary; from here texting came about, communicating without speaking.
This was the start of something huge, with the Internet taking its place in the world it soon enough revolutionised the way we would to soon start to communicate with people all over the world. From here there was no looking back!
Today you cannot afford to be left behind; you need to start using Social Media for your Business. This is where we are heading.
How do we do that?
With the Internet at our fingertips, we can use social media on any type of device – from your laptops/PC’s to smartphones and tablets. ‘Apps’ are one of the best ways to use social media on hand held devices and allows you to gain access quickly for what you are trying to do at that moment.
The service I provide is to help you Set Up and Customise your Facebook Business Page, Twitter Profile & Pinterest Boards all this is to give you the social edge over your competitors. Further on from here we can move towards LinkedIn and Google+.
How do I start using Social Media?
Knowing that Social Media can be a daunting experience for anyone, I can help ease that nervousness, my approach is a ‘Back to Basic’ level of understanding ‘how social media can work for you and your businesses’.
We can start all or just one of the Social media applications based on your needs and understanding on how to use them, we would look at how you might manage this also.
I would help set up accounts on your devices so that you can easily understand and navigate around it. With that all set up you are able to capture what you are doing at the moment
The Advantages of using Social Media for your business are.
- You can be noticed to a bigger audience over emailing your customers and clients.
- If you have a website then add the links of social media on to it and this allows people to notice you again.
- Search engines will notice what you are putting up on to Social media.
- Images of your stock will always help – name them correctly and that would help even more.
- Constantly update information about yourself – notice what others are doing and join in with groups, forums, and discussions. This all help to get you noticed.
- Not only connect with the local businesses around you, but in your field, share what you do, some businesses are from home so use social media to be your shop front.